Saturday, September 22, 2012

Board Exam Shiz

WARNING: Lengthy post :)

The Licensure Examination for Chemists was held at Manuel L. Quezon University (MLQU) last September 18-19, 2012. SInce the place is far and we need to be there as early as 6:30 in the morning, my friends and I decided to find a place to stay near MLQU. Actually, my father was opposed on staying in a hotel because it costs too much. I agree, but then I think I can review more when I'm with my friends, like, if I have questions or things that I need some clarifications, they can help me (which actually happened). Eventually I was able to convince my parents to let me stay with my friends in a hotel.

We looked for a place to stay a day before the examination. We have three options: Yes Hotel, Saimah Hotel, and Edwards Suites. Edwards Suites is the cheapest and nearest to MLQU, unfortunately it is fully booked! :( We ended up at Saimah Hotel because it is cheaper (Php750 from 12nn to 12nn) than Yes Hotel (Php900/24hrs). We booked two rooms, one for the two boys, and the other one for us, three girls.
The bed for two people (boys' room).


The room is spacious. It contains a bed for two people, bathroom (no shower or bath tub), sink, TV (regular channels), air con, chairs, and mirror. 

Here's Char, this year's top 2. :) (boy's room)
Here's Jay-el, lying on the extra bed. (girl's room)
We requested for an extra bed (Php200) so that each of us (girls) will have a bed to sleep on.  Actually, we can just stay in one room since it's spacious and it'll be cheaper.
ONE ROOM: Php750 (room) + Php200 (extra bed) + Php300 (extra bed for 2) = Php1250
TWO ROOMSPhp1500 ( 2 rooms) + Php200 (extra bed) = Php1700

But they said they're 'lugi' and we should just take two rooms    our initial choice. Awww. We can't do anything about it. They gave us a Php200 discount since we're staying for two days. Yey!

Dinner time~
Ice cream!! This is what we bought using the Php200 discount/refund.
Jay-el, without his usual poofy head
kurtinang kapos sa tela
Even though we have two rooms, we ended up using only one, our room. The other room (boys' room) is smelly   CR smell. We studied for a bit before sleeping.

The licensure examination for chemists is divided into four subjects: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry. We took the first two subjects on the first day, and the rest on the second day. We have four hours to answer 100 items per subject. Every subject has their own level of difficulty. For the first day, I find Organic Chem hard (though not  so difficult as I expect it to be). Well, I always find Organic Chemistry so difficult. haha! As for Inorg, it is easier compared to organic. I wasn't able to do the proper shading in that subject due to time constriction. I was shading my answers 30minutes before the time (time according to the proctors). And just when I thought I still have 15 more minutes, a person from PRC knocked and told us that it's time already. PANIC MODE! I ended up shading hastily, with shaky hands. :| I learned my lesson and did the shading 1.5hours before the time for the other subjects.

My dinner after the first day of exam (Php90.00)

I felt so wasted on the second day. I was so sleepy. I reviewed until 12am. I didn't get enough sleep because I woke up 3 times. :( Analytical Chemistry is ~!#@$#$!@!! Haha! It's so long! I wasn't able to finish answering all the questions! :(((((  Well, at least I felt confident on the last subject. It was the easiest subject for me. I know how to answer almost all the questions. I felt I'll pass that subject. Only PhyChem. :( 

The gang, after the exam!
top-bottom, L-R: Karl, Jay-el, Danjo, Dana, Marie, and Char.
Chocolate given by Marie after the exam is all over

After the exam, I seriously wanted to sleep. I felt so tired, body and mind. I wanted rest. Before getting any, we went to Robinsons Place Manila first to have our dinner. We also played at Timezone before finally heading home. 


My first-round plate (Chef d' Angelo eat-all-you-can)

It was around 10pm when I reached home. The first thing they told me was I can't use my laptop, naulanan daw. :( Seriously. I still need to get up early the next day (since I'll be manning the store) and I was really tired so I just slept and disregarded their news.

The results of the exam was already up after two days. It was Marie who texted me about the result. And I did not pass. I honestly want to cry that moment I read her text, but I can't. I was still at the store that time, and I can't afford to have a sad face while entertaining the customers. I was prepared for any result, but it's still painful knowing that you failed. I told the Lord before that I'll accept any result because I know that He knows what's best for me. His word for me that day was not to complain. I am not complaining, and I don't have the right. I'm not mad or anything, just sad... and hurt. I went home that day not knowing what kind of face am wearing. Several texts from my other friends are coming, and I seriously wanted to cry already, but I don't want to especially in the presence of my brother. I fell asleep unknowingly.

The day after, I promised myself to cry. I guess, I want that feeling of release. I am waiting for the moment until everyone is out, but my dad stayed at home. Gah! My friends texted me if I wanted company. I said I'm okay, I don't want to tolerate the feeling of being sad or having the need to be comforted. I just don't think I have the right to do so. I told them that I'll be watching movies later so there's no need. I finally checked my mail that day using my brother's laptop. I also checked my other accounts. Logging in to Facebook did no good to me. As much as I want to ignore it, I still envy my friends who passed. My news feed was filled with congratulatory messages    not directed to me of course. I can opt not to check FB for a while, but I thought that I need to get used to this. Ayoko naman na next time na makakita ako ng something tungkol sa board exam eh masasaktan parin ako. I don't know if I make sense, pero I guess this is my way of coping up. Coping up?? HAHAHAHA! 

Anyway, before watching any movies, I watched first this year's UAAP Cheerdance Competition. UP won! Yey! I was also rooting for FEU, seriously, they're great! After watching the competition, I suddenly realized that I have many reasons not to be sad. Nawala bigla yung mabigat na pakiramdam. I looked at the positive side of it. I'll just hold on to this: 
"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
Whatever happened, I know that it is for my best. Honestly, I guess if I passed the exam, my study habit will be the same. I think this is a preparation for the future. This is for my good. If I intend to truly pursue medicine, what I'm doing before won't work. This also applies on other areas of my life, not only in academics. The most important thing about this event is how it will change me. As of now, I'm staying positive and just see things in the eyes of faith. 

6 comments:

Stephanie Ann Bermudez said...

HAHA! akala ko may ibang shocking moment kaya ganun reaction mo! natawa kos a picture in fair hahaha! oo shinare ko yun. shinare kasi ng bubba lab tas binasa ko tas shinare ko din :)) kaya sikat ka na! chos!

chysa said...

ay nasa plurk tayo? :))) haggard, pati pala bubbalab. kaya pala biglang dami ng nakabasa!

followed you. parang magiging food blog ah :))

chysa said...

nakafollow ka naman na eh :))

oi!! shinare mo daw yung blog ko sa bubbalab sabi ni chris. OMG! I was shocked. kaya ganun yung reaksyon ko sa isang pic :)) sa fb

Stephanie Ann Bermudez said...

pano ko nga ba nahanap! AY hinanap ko yung link sa bubba lab tas nakita ko lang sa archives mo hehe :)) hinahanap ko talaga yung blog mo kasi titingnan ko yung pangalan ng blog mo hehehe :))

paano magfollow?

chysa said...

pano mo to nahanap!!! OMG! HAHAHAHA!

eh kasi naman, san nanggaling sakin yung coping up? haha! kaloka! :)) di ko maimagine na ako yung nagtype non. napacomment tuloy ako sa sarili ko :)))

in fairness sayo mehn, nagbabasa ka talaga :))hintayin mo nalang yung letter mo, lol.

Stephanie Ann Bermudez said...

muntik na ko maiyak kaso natawa ko sa COPING UP?!?! hahahaha!
walapatayong emo moment CHOS!

nRealate