Saturday, August 25, 2012

Free Samples from Ellana Mineral Cosmetics

The other day, I already got my free samples from Ellana Mineral Cosmetics. I have been checking their multiply site for over a year now and was contemplating to buy and try their products. I have hesitations on buying online because 1) I can't try it out, and 2) I don't know if it is legit. I really don't want to spend too much on products that I can't use for a long time, that's why I always want to test the product on my skin and see if it is the right shade for me. But I really really like to try their products. I just recently found out that they give free samples. Yey! Check their website  for more information. They actually have stalls on malls but only for specific days and most of the time I can't check it, so it's a good thing they give free samples. The delivery was fast, and they reply as soon as possible. 


So here's what's inside, a booklet/magalogue (?) and the samples. They included a copy of the invoice of course. I like the booklet since I always want hard copies than soft. Haha! It's a pain when I always end up navigating again. <~That was just me being lazy. haha!


L-R: foundation perfect blend - Caramel Latte, foundation perfect blend - Hazelnut Latte, finishing powder - Espresso Con Panna (translucent), blush - Enchanted, and concealer - Radiant
My skin has a warm undertone so they sent me these products that will complement my skin tone. I tried the products already. I applied moisturizer first then used these products. Let's start with the concealer. Actually, this is the product that I would really want to try. It's my first time using a powder concealer. Powder.

Concealer - Radiant
This is how the product looks like on their website but when I saw it live   I mean in real life lol, it looks lighter. I was actually hesitating to use it since I think it's lighter than my usual concealers, but when I tried it out, it's not as light as i thought it would be. I used it on my undereye areas and was surprised that it instantly brightened the area. My thoughts while applying it was, "So concealer talaga siya... " haha! Pinagdudahan? :)) It can provide medium coverage on my undereye areas. As for my spots, it's not enough. 


Hazelnut Latte                                                                              Caramel Latte
For the foundation, I received two shades and both are perfect blend. 
Perfect Blend : completely mattifying, with a new formula designed for Combination Skin and can be used for all skin types. Light to Medium Coverage.     from their booklet
I tried using these two and both are too yellow-ish for me. I tried the Hazelnut Latte first and it made my face look darker. And using the Caramel Latte... well you can guess. HAHA! I tried layering the Caramel Latte over the concealer and the coverage became better. I tried using it on my dark circles alone and concluded that, "Ah, foundation nga siya, hindi concealer." Malay mo diba, haha! I didn't see any change on my dark circles. Akala ko kasi since yellow mako-combat nya yung purple color ng eyebags ko haha!

I had an instant tan when I finished putting the foundation. haha! Tawa ako ng tawa kasi my face is darker than my neck. You can clearly see the difference. The coverage of the foundation is light. Okay lang sakin kasi I don't need heavy coverage, basta even lang yung skin tone, okay na. I guess I'll try the lighter shades in Intensive Coverage. I have oily skin, and intensive coverage is mattifying and oil-absorbing, so I guess I'll try that. 


Blush - Enchanted
The blush is ♥! I super LOVE it! Finally, I found this beautiful peach color. All my blushes are in the shade of pink. I recently acquired a peach one from Careline but this one is way way better.  It looks so natural! I'll definitely purchase this blush, but not too soon, I'll finish this sample first. :) I also need to try using it with my usual foundation (or any lighter foundation) to see if it also gives the same look.


finishing powder - Espresso con panna (translucent)
As for the finishing powder, I got the translucent one. This is a setting powder if I'm not mistaken. Uhm, I have mixed emotions on this one. I think it's okay using this, but not everyday. I don't know. HAHA! But I guess it's this one that made the make up last longer. It actually surprised me since I thought it's a powder so the make up will melt easily. But no! I was out for three hours walking under the heat and when I got home and checked my face, I'm still looking good. I have a face towel with me and whenever I pat it on my face to remove the sweat, it gets some product on but not that much. And after few more hours inside the house, it's still okay. Take note, I didn't do any retouching, and I have an oily skin. Haha! For me, it works well. But I'll try the oil-absorbing version of Espresso con panna next time.

Okay, so far so good. I can say that Ellana didn't disappoint me. Their products are paraben-free so it's a big plus! That's one of the reasons why I wanted to try their products. Also, since most of their products are in powder form it feels lighter on the skin. I immediately noticed that when I was trying the samples. I don't have the usual greasy and heavy feeling. b(^^) Yey! I'll also try their primers. 

Wohoo~

2 comments:

Carmel Legion said...

magkano binayad mo for the shipping fee?

chysa said...

If I remember correctly, 50php. I live in Metro Manila. :)

nRealate