Friday, July 20, 2012

The Coffee Way experience

Last night we were supposed to eat at The Iscreamist along Magiting Street in Quezon City. Unfortunately the store's closed. :'( I love their ice creams! I've been there a couple of times with my college friends and we tried almost all of the flavors! OSM! b^^d I heard that they have new flavors, and I can't wait to try them. And hopefully the flavors that I haven't tried yet will be available. I guess I'll do a separate blog for The Iscreamist, yeah? :))

That store being closed for the moment made me discover a new eating place along Maginhawa St. and it's called The Coffee Way! Yey! This place was introduced by my high school friend, Noriza. I believe she told me about it before. I can't believe I didn't notice the cafe, I've passed that street many times. Well, their sign is a bit small and it seems like a typical house to me, especially the gate. But now I know about it. :)


I like the cafe's interior, it has photos, paintings, and I even saw a guitar!! Sorry I don't have photos on that. hihi

So here's where you order and pay. As you can see, the menu is written on black boards. They have rice meals, pasta, pizza, desserts, and several drinks that I don't remember. I'm having a hard time choosing so I asked kuya for his recommendations on rice meals, and he said Creamy Chicken and another one   I think Chicken Caramba. After much thought, I said, okay I'll try Kimchi Chicken. HAHAHA! Tinawanan ako ng mga kasama ko pati ni kuya. I thought he was saying Kimchi Chicken, all the while Creamy Chicken pala! *facepalm* Maulan kasi e, chos! But I stick with Kimchi Chicken. :))

While waiting for your orders, you can play games like we did. The cafe has its own paraphernalia. LOL
We got this one first   Monopoly Cards. None of us know hot to play this so we read the rules and looked at the cards in an attempt to understand the mechanics. And even though I'm reading the rules, I can't grasp it fully. If you can read my mind you'll probably see lots of "Ahhh," "Okay," and "Ano daw?" with some visible nodding and slight grunting. LOL Anyway, we ended up not playing it and chose its board game counterpart.

I guess we're confident that we can play this because most of us have played it before. So we chose our 'pamato' (ano english non?) then started handing out the bills. While distributing the money, we can't find the smaller bills. Em recalled that there should be coins but she's not sure, and we can't find any so we improvised and worked with what's in our reach. Until Ra finally asked about the dice . . . then boom! There's no dice! HAHAHA! So we set it aside and ended up playing Scrabble! :))

While we were playing our food came. Noh and Ra ordered Pesto Chicken something (sorry nakalimutan ko), while Em ordered Shepherd's Pie. I don't have pictures of their orders. Nahiya naman akong kuhanan ng litrato yung pagkain nila, at gutom na kami non. Haha! Actually, excuses lang 'yan, kasi yung sakin nakuhaan ko eh. :))

Kimchi Chicken
So here's my order. Look! Don't you think that their serving is big? Or not? It's only Php75. I like it, especially the chicken, it's big enough for me. I'll give it a plus for the tomato slices. Bias here. :)) As for the taste, it's pretty decent, not at all spicy. A bit new, but not entirely. Ano daw? Haha! I guess I'll try their other dishes next time, but my priority will be their pasta/pizza and crepes.

Pistachio Cake (Php 75.00)
On to my dessert! I LOVE this! It's an ice cream with a crust duh icecream cake. It's also a bit nutty (gawd, pistachio~) and minty! Mint plus chocolate = !  Ugh! I want it now!!! I'll definitely buy it again! Yum! :9 I like their plating, btw. It adds impact.

We're playing scrabble the entire time. Antagal naming sumagot, mga hirap makabuo ng salita. We are consulting a dictionary while playing, btw. Haha! I like this game because 1) it makes me realize that I need to expand my vocabulary, 2) I can learn new words from my opponents answer, and 3) you will definitely exercise your brain . . . and your abs   at least for us. We were laughing so hard from Ra's newly formed words! Scrabble gone mad! hahaha!
so cute => so kyot => soquiot
twitter => twita
HAHAHA! Seriously! Tawa lang kami ng tawa, kahit na may ibang tao na dumadating. Of course we didn't count those words, it's just for fun. We didn't leave the place without finishing the game. We even asked kuya and ate what time they will close because it's getting late already. We even have another food served   nachos c/o Noh. Yey for libre! :)) Napansin nyo? Yung last three sentences ko before Yey nagsimula sa 'We' hahaha! Wala man lang variation.

So ayun nga tinapos namin, and I won! Pero kasi yung mababang score ang unang makakapag-asawa, so ako yung huli. haha! Not that it matters. Pero ramdam yun pait. At ako talaga ang nag ko comment sa sarili ko ano? :)) Paano nagkaroon ng ganoong chorva? Wala, biglaang sambit lang. haha!

Ayun lang. Ansaya! I will definitely visit The Coffee Way again!



The Coffee Way
72-A Maginhawa St., UP Village
Diliman, Quezon City

No comments:

nRealate