Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Movie Date : In His Chart

photo credit: asianwiki

Kyaaaa~ Sho! ♥v♥ Honestly, I was excited to watch this film because of Sho. I came to know him first before the other members of Arashi. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ARASHI! He has a special place in my heart LOL. I appreciated him more in this film. :)

Just my insights, and blah blahs~

I'm so happy there's Eiga Sai again! I wasn't able to watch any of the movies shown last year, so this year, I said to myself that I will make time for it. It's free and the films they're showing are good, if not the best. So yeah. I've been so excited about this ever since my classmate posted it on our facebook group. I planned to watch it later   the August schedule, so that it'll be shown in UP Film Institute. But one of my friends suggested to go for an earlier showing at Shangrila so that if we missed some, we can still watch it on a later date. Great! :)

Actually, when I saw the flyer, I only looked at the cast. Haha! Well, I already decided to watch all of the films, that is IF I can; but I need to prioritize which one I shouldn't miss. So I came up with three: In His Chart, Peak, and Colorful. I love the main actors of these films hehe. Unfortunately they don't have a schedule wherein these three will be shown on the same date, but then again that's good since I plan to watch the movie/s before and/or after my must-see films. That way, I can make most out of this free film fest.

We decided to watch yesterday, and our goal was to see Sakurai Sho's movie "In His Chart" (Kamisama no Karute). IHC was shown around 7pm and we went earlier to catch the 4:30 film. But because I was late, we were not able to see that one. Gah! We were there at around 4:40 but they said  we can't go inside anymore. T^T So I guess doing the watch-early-so-we-can-still-see-the-films-we-will-miss is indeed a good move. 


I didn't read the synopsis of IHC, all I know is that Sho is portraying the role of doctor. I want it to be a surprise. Kidding! I was just lazy to read it. Haha! While I was watching the film, I really appreciated Sho so much! As in! Dr. Kurihara, his character, is somehow 'weird' as one of the characters in the film describe him to be. Sho is just so effective! I can't help but giggle or/then laugh whenever he's on screen. I think I was grinning the whole time, except of course when there are chest-tightening scenes. Ah! I laughed also when Sho was crying. Well, most of the crowd did too. Haha! He is just so cute~ ♥ But I felt his pain on that particular scene.

And I also remember there were scenes wherein Sho is lying upside down on the floor. It's a close up one. Gaaaah~ I feel like kissing him! Haha! I need to control myself, 1   the thought is just so perverted, 2    the norm will simply label it as an immoral act (it's not the proper place for fangirling, and judging from the audience, there are elders and even Japanese!), 3   I might get beaten by a Sho wifey sitting beside me! HAHA! But I guess fan girls will do it given the right opportunity. Or is it just me who's thinking like this? :))

Going back, I like the movie, honestly. But I don't think this will appeal to the general public. For me the story was good, the cinematography, even the humor of the film, and also the actors. It's quite laid back, but engaging. I really like films showing the reality of life, something about the society, or simply making us reflect on things. Well, this movie did that to me. 

I'm planning to study again next year to pursue Medicine. Whenever I was asked since I was a child on what I want to be in the future, I always say that I want to become a doctor. I honestly don't know why, but maybe since I've been surrounded by sick people, I wanted to at least have answers to my questions and to some extent cure their diseases if possible. As I watched the film, questions are flooding my mind already. Do I really want to become a doctor? Can I handle it? Will I still stay cool and calm while seeing them in pain? How about death? What about my family? !@#$%^&*%#! <~This is not a bad word, just can't explain the feeling LOL. In the end I just concluded that being a doctor is not an easy job. The responsibility is very big. But I guess, hearing a patient's gratitude, or even just their hopeful smile is fulfilling enough. There maybe some disease that can't be cured as of now, but... I don't know what to add anymore. Haha! Basta! Everything has a purpose. And helping them really lifts the spirit. :)
Miyazaki Aoi (photo credit: asianwiki
I find her cute. :) Miyazaki Aoi's role is the photographer wife of Dr. Kurihara, Haruna Kurihara. She's using Olympus here. Just saying, haha! Anyway, I came to know her when she became the VIP guest in Himitsu no Arashi to promote this movie. I find her sooooo cute. And this movie proved that she's more than that. I was thinking about the Haru♥Ichi lifestyle while watching. Since Ichi is very much into his work, I guess he has less time for her. But Haru is so understanding. I was expecting her to nag or something, especially he forgot their anniversary, but no! Of course she was affected by it, but she knows well his job and her husband. It was so cute when she was reliving the echoes of the word she shouted while on top of the mountain venting her anger. "Baka! Baka! Baka!" HAHAHA! The pair is just so fun to watch. So naive? Pure? I don't know how to describe them, but they suit each other. 

Hmmm. What else about the movie? Mmmmm. Ah! I also noticed the lack of facilities and other necessary things in a small hospital. As one of my friends stated; if that is the case in Japan, what more here in the Philippines. Dr. Kurihara was a good doctor, and he made the right decision to stay in that small hospital rather than go the big one. Although that's a good opportunity. The fact that he's a good doctor is enough reason for him to stay. Of course, you still need to expand your horizon. You can still do that, I guess. Just be of help to those who need the most. :D Science and technology for the people!! :))

Kaname Jun (photo credit: asianwiki)
And here's Kaname Jun! He's doing the role of Dr. Suniyama. Or Sunayama? :)) I didn't notice him on the cast, but when I was watching I was like "I've seen him before, I've seen him before. But where? Where??" And right after the movie, I suddenly remembered it, Atashinchi no Danshi. Gaaaah~ Kakkoi! 

left: Kaga Mariko (photo credit: asianwiki
Waaaa~ Kaede-san! Haha! If you watched Hana Yori Dango, she's the mother of Domyouji. I'm a HanaDan fan, and I love them. So here, she's playing the role of Azumi-san, a cancer patient who can't be cured anymore. I noticed that Kaga-san aged here. Maybe for the role? Nevertheless she still acts very well. Her character here is so positive and strong. I admit that I got emotional because of her character too. Trust Japanese films and/or dramas to make you blink back tears multiple times. 

Aside from scenes in the hospital, there are stories too taking place where the Kuriharas reside. There's the Baron and the Professor. It's a minor story but it gives flavor and depth to the movie. I guess each one has a different take on this film. It's about life, friendship, family, society, death... what else? Go find it yourself. Anyway, I love what Dr. Kurihara said when the Professor is leaving, "In learning what you need is guts, not grades. Passion, not style." :) Yup yup. And I guess this applies in all aspects of our life. 

I'm happy that the first movie I watched in my first Eiga Sai experience is IHC. We'll definitely see this again on August at UPFI. By the way, at Shang Cineplex, they'll release the tickets 30 minutes before the show. So you need to be early. Still remember that we were there by 4:40? There's already a line for the 7pm film. They said only 300 can enter, I guess that's the seating capacity, but during the last movie, they still allowed late comers to enter. But please be there early for better seats.

If you reached this part, thank you! Hugs~ Haha!

1 comment:

Noh said...

HERE COMES THE SAKURAI WAIFU~~~
Hahaha.

nRealate