Thursday, February 7, 2013

DIY: Shoes Reconstruction

Look at my shoes! I got this last June and I'm very much comfortable wearing it    except the first time, I got blisters because of the zipper. It became like this after my mom washed it because it got soaked in baha. And since it can still serve its purpose, I thought of giving it a makeover instead of throwing it away.


The first thing that came to my mind was to use sequins and sew it on the straps. Really, that was on my mind for about a month. Later on I've thought of a better and less tedious way to restore the shoes. And that's by using glitters and double sided tape! Haha! I remember we used it as a design on our shirt when I was in high school. I guess doing this is much better since if I use the sequins, it'll take a lot of effort and time, plus it'll look like a disco ball under the sun. I thought there's less impact if it's glitters. But when I was buying glitters at NBS, something caught my eye    colored sand!
So here are the bidas for this DIY. I thought that colored sand is a better option since it's finer    it'll adhere more, and it looks more natural than glitters. Also, if it happens to cling on my skin, it'll be easier to remove unlike glitters. 


Here are the materials needed. I used 1.25 double sided tape. The colored sand is too much, I still have half left. It costs around 30+, I forgot already.


So what you need to do is just stick the tape onto the straps, remove the shiny side (whatever you call it), then pour the sand over it. 
Here, I am covering the sides first. As much as possible don't touch the sticky tape but make sure that it is pressed very well. I press it firmly before removing the shiny part.


I'm not satisfied with the color and outcome so I decided to put another layer. I removed the excess sand before placing the tape over it.


So this is how it looked like after the second layer. The tape is obvious if you look closely. Haha! I did not put another layer on the sides eh.



I used the toothpick for defining the holes. Actually, using toothpick is optional, but I also used it to press the tape instead of using my fingers. I tried using my fingers but my fingers got sticky and the tape clings to it more instead of the straps.



I'm half way done~



Tada! The finished look! It doesn't look as pretty as the original but this one is very much wearable than its previous state.

My uncle saw me while doing this and he said that the tape will easily come off. I said that hopefully it won't. As I mentioned earlier, we've tried this in high school. We used this method on our clothes (glitters, not sand) and what I've noticed is that it stuck more after being washed. I can't remove it. Hopefully it'll have the same effect. I still don't know what will happen because this is not a cloth, obviously. Haha! I haven't used the shoes yet. I'll inform you once I tried it.


5 comments:

Bekiderp said...

OHOHOHO Those glitters XDD

minaminaboo said...

You really do think the unthinkable. Hahaha! Ayos! *clap clap clap *

Chysa said...

Yep. Gusto ko uling gawin. Haha

Chysa said...

Naalala ko lang naman xp

Noriza said...

GALING, JOYS! <3

nRealate