Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

17 June 2012

We had a late lunch out to celebrate father's day. Yey! Yesterday night, my dad brought home a cake already. It was an ultimate test of. . . patience? Haha! We're taking turns in convincing Papa to slice it already so that we can eat it. Gah! He didn't even budge. (>o<) It's so tempting every time we open the fridge! Oh well, it's his cake after all.


Going back, we actually don't have a specific restaurant in mind. Well, actually, my mother has, unfortunately we can't find it at SM North Edsa. So we just walked until we found something that interests us. We ended up at Pho Hoa. I've seen Say eating at Pho Hoa in one of her vlogs, and since then, I wanted to try it out. It's a Vietnamese restaurant so it's something new.

lemons, basil, legumes (?)

Since this restaurant is not new to my mom, she ordered most of the meal to save time. Rice meals for the boys: chicken for panget (my brother) and pork for my dad, noodle soups for us, plus vermicelli bowl and jasmine tea.
Grilled Chicken and Spring Rolls with Rice
Grilled Pork and Spring Rolls with Rice

Pho Ga : Chicken Noodle Soup
Canh Chua Tom : hot and sour with prawns and pineapple
I picked this one, just to try it out. This one is something new. For me the taste is okay, just okay. Not something that I'll want even once in a while. What I like about it is the sourness, which I think comes from the fruit. I initially thought that it'll come from vinegar. Haha! 

Weird! Canh Chua Tom has a star and chili on the menu but it doesn't on their website. See proof below lol. They have legends on their menu: heart   healthy choice, star   popular choice, green bell pepper   all veggies, and chili   mild spicy. There's another symbol on their website that says light meals, but I haven't seen it in their menu, or maybe I didn't notice. Just check their website for more info. 
proof :))
Vermicelli Bowl : Grilled chicken (?), veggie and fried rolls
I LOVE THIS! If ever I'm gonna eat here again, this will definitely be my order. I just can't remember if it's the grilled pork or the grilled chicken that we ordered. I love love love it! My mom definitely recommends this, she's been telling us that they always have this whenever they eat at Pho Hoa and that it's so delicious! True enough. :) I might also try their rice meals since all of them   mama, papa and panget, said that it's good. Next time. Haha!



My dad, desperately trying to use the chopsticks

Yey! That was a nice experience at Pho Hoa. They even gave my dad a ballpen. Orignally it should be a mug, but there's nothing left already. Hehe. After that we went shopping. Weee~

Happy Father's Day~

nRealate