Monday, October 22, 2012

The Iscreamist

The Iscreamist was introduced to me by my friends early this year. They've been talking about it, it's very intriguing    at least for me. Milk shake to ice cream using liquid nitrogen. I know it's possible, but I haven't tried it yet. So when we were there to try it, I got so excited! I feel like a kid. Noob. Haha! Since then, it has been the regular dessert place for us for the first quarter of the year.


It's been half a year since I last ate there. I go there from time to time with the intention of eating but haven't done so, until this October, because either it's closed or very packed! I noticed some changes. Let's start with their menu (though it's more like, addition).
Here's the menu (it's on the wall). It resembles a periodic table. I always look at the RIGHT side for ice cream choices. I've tried most of it. b(^_^)


Aside from the new in their menu, some other changes I observed are
  1. lighting    it's blue, neon. The place looks dark just look at the menu. Seriously, why? After I ordered, I feel like going out because of it aside from the crowded place of course. Btw, I've never been there when the sun's still up so I don't know how it looks like on an earlier time. :P
  2. ice cream sizes    there are sizes now!!
  3. price    it became expensive
  4. presentation


Sm (strawberry mint)
Bw (black & white)
My friend (high school friend) ordered Sm while I ordered Bw. I've been wanting to try Bw. Early this year, it is always not available whenever we were there. Black and white is black and white chocolate with almonds. I enjoyed eating this. Aside from the chocolate, I also like the textures    soft (cold ice cream), nutty (shaved almonds), chewy (white chocolate), smooth and hard (chocolate chips).  I used flash in taking both pictures because everything looks blue without it.


I have pictures during our (with college friends) first two visits below.  
in the process of making the ice cream
So as you can see, there's a difference in presentation. The recent one looks like ice cream while this looks like milkshakes. I remember there was a time when they used paper gelato cups as an alternative. It has the same capacity as the plastic cup. I like that also. Sorry I don't have photos.



Sm
Strawberry mint is one of the first flavors we've tried, and it immediately became one of the favorites. It's sweet, a bit sour   strawberry sour, and minty~ Aside from my #1 favorite, this is my next most recommended. Have you noticed the garnish? A real strawberry and cream. The recent one doesn't have it. 

Segue: If this Sm was mine, I will really try what Arashi did. I first learned about foods dipped in liquid nitrogen from one of their shows. Yes, yes. I learn a lot from Arashi. What they used there was strawberry. They dipped it in liquid nitrogen then ate it. It became crunchy! I bet the inner part of the strawberry is still juicy and squishy. Just think of it, crunchy outside, squishy inside. Geez~ I wanna try it! 


Okay, going back...
P (pistachio)
Pistachio is nutty. I chose this one because I really like pistachios! It's yummy, although not rich in pistachio, but it's there. 


N ( Nutella)
Based from what I remember, Nutella is chocolatey. I enjoyed eating the marshmallows!

Bc (blueberry cheesecake)
I fought for this one. We usually order different ice creams so that we can try new flavors. Somebody conceded for me to have it. Haha! This one really tastes like blueberry cheesecake. Cheesecakes are ♥! What I like about their ice creams is that there are real bits. It's yummy! And I love the presentation. This is my #3 so far.


Sc (strawberry cheesecake)
Another cheesecake ice cream! Strawberry cheesecake is also good. :)


Mc (malted caramel)
Malted caramel is a bit sweet    caramelly sweet. That's the most I can remember about the taste. Haha! Sarreh. Actually, if my memory serves me right, it lacks sweetness. Or maybe it's just me, because when I think of caramel, it's all about the tooth-aching sweetness.




On to the other flavors without picture. Tm, toasted marshmallow is soooo sweet!! I bought this one, and I remember my friends only had a taste. Some had seconds, but the entire thing, I mostly ate it. The other flavors we bought that time are well appreciated. I guess this one is too sweet for their taste. I like it though, since I like marshmallows. 

My favorite and highly recommended is Mi, mint ganache. Just try it!! Chocolate + mint = Heaven~!




S'mores Dragon's breath
And let us not forget Dragon's breath! The cup contains liquid nitrogen. You'll dip the s'more for 15 seconds, then wait for a bit before eating. And you'll know then why it's called dragon's breath. They have a new flavor aside from S'more, Tiramisu. 



Actually, there's no need mentioning the changes. I just did for the sake history. Chos! :))


46 D Magiting Street, Teacher's Village, 
Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

3 comments:

Bekiderp said...

Gusto ko na.. /lecreys
Marshmallows? PWE. HAHAHA

chysa said...

leggo!! try mo yung dragon's breath!! HAHA!

marshmallows <3

chysa said...

EMERGERD! Did I just wrote LEFT?? Oh no! For those who read this post before this comment, it should be RIGHT SIDE of the menu. I edited the post already. Sorry!

nRealate